Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Today I am feeling tired and frustrated

Today morning the same thing happened as it happens everyday, my dd woke up in a bad mood and as we call her the grouchy ladybug. I am getting so tired of this routine with her, yes it has become a habit of hers and I don't know how to break it. First of all she won't brush her teeth and then she does not eat breakfast (even if I feed her breakfast) . She will take more than an hour to finish it on her own after I repeatedly tell her to eat the next bite. I don't know how i will be able to make it thru all these years and it seems like such a herculean task. To tell you the truth I hate waking up in the morning just because of that. It is almost noon and she still does not ask for food. The emotions going thru my head are anger, guilt, frustration, sorrow....can you have all those at the same time ??????? Meanwhile my ds is a happy kid who wants to be held at times but that is still manageable I really am not looking forward to this whole charade again tomorrow morning. I am feeling so tired I have a headache. I am about to shut the door to my room and never come out of it. I don't think timeouts are working for her and us. She just goes to her time out corner and sings a song and talks to herself....so much for letting her think about what she did wrong .....maybe I should ask Supernanny about it....that what do you do when your child sings in their timeout. All the muscles in my body are so tense that it is very painful. I need to get some sleep.

No comments: